Heidi Miller's Senior Thesis Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Head-akin!

My old roommate left a glass head when she moved, she moved back up to Alaska and had to fly so I assume she just didn’t have room for it. I saved it knowing I would do something fun with it, at least I could display my handmade hats on it. I decided to cover it. I started with newspaper, a simple papier-mache . Then I decided to cover it with pattern tissue so it would match some elements of the show. I got her all covered and put a hat on her, but she looked bald and funny so I decided to paint on a bit of detail to make her more human. I decided to show her eyes closed because I hate it when creepy manikins are staring at you. She looks very sweet. I have decided to name her Honeysuckle because it means “Sweetness of Disposition”




1 comment: