Heidi Miller's Senior Thesis Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Poster Idea

Because some people are having a hard time making the connection that this is an altered store I have come up with a poster idea for a window hanging. It would be two panels that show a "before" picture of the product and an "after" picture. In the left panel would be the clothes as they were bought from the thrift store as they were when purchased, all baggy and unflattering. The after picture is the clothes after I fix them. The trick is that they would be on the same model (me because my model was not available that day). I want it to look like the girls are looking at each other, one the frumpy before and the other the cute after! Megan, my photographer, and I have taken the first picture and will go back to the same spot for the second so it will look like they were standing side by side. Megan also had the idea of labeling each piece of clothes like you would in a catalogue like a, b, and c, then point to what they are on both posters so that people could see exactly what the clothes were turned into. I would label it “Before” and “Studio 2-ed”

Here is a mock-up of what I would potentially look like.


And here is an example of the girls looking at each other, except that we still have to take the after picture! And for that I still have to create some of the clothes eek :s

1 comment: