Heidi Miller's Senior Thesis Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lace Stencil

I was really worried that this technique wouldn’t work. I tried rolling the paint on and dabbing it with a sponge, but the spray paint worked perfectly! I had had some trouble on a different project before that had me worried. I had this old tablecloth that I had tried to dye but it came out a really ugly pink brown color so I kept it around and thankfully it came in really handy! I really didn’t want to spray through my good lace tablecloth. The white paint is on the door for the Studio 2 Boutique sign and the black lace is on a door I am going to turn into a full length mirror. And of course I choose the use the matte black spray and ran out when I have three cans of glossy black! I just layered the tablecloth over the door and smoothed it out with my hands then painted. Some parts are a bit fuzzy, but it turns out I like the look.



No comments:

Post a Comment